Here are a few events to take into consideration when you are looking for ways to theme, personalise or differentiate your envelopes and direct mailings:
- The Formula One season kicks off on March 15th in Australia
- St. Patrick’s Day is on March 17th – this global celebration is always worth including in your calendar – anything GREEN always gets a good reaction!
- 1st day of Spring on March 20th – after a long winter, why not send a direct mail campaign orientated around planting some seeds / flowers etc.
- 1st ever Tweet was on March 21st – if you or your clients use Twitter this might be provide a useful twist to send something via the mail
- March 29th will see the final of the Cricket World Cup in Australia
- April Fools Day is the big one on the first day of April – great for a spoof direct mail campaign! (you can have some fun with this!!)
- Easter Weekend from April 3rd – definitely worth considering an Easter-egg direct mail campaign
- The Masters Golf Tournament in Augusta starts on April 9th – if you have golfing clients, I’m sure they’d be very receptive to a few golfing goodies on this day!
- Leonardo Da Vinci was born on April 15th
- The World Snooker Championship starts on April 18th – table snooker direct mailer?
- William Shakespeare was born on April 23rd
- The London Marathon is on April 26th
- Cycling is one of the fastest growing sports in the UK and the Tour of Yorkshire is between May 1st and 3rd
- on the weekend of May 24th the final round of fixtures to determine the Premier League Football Champions will take place – a football direct mailer possibly?
- Then, on May 25th the French Tennis Open commences
So, these are meant to be just a few events and themes to give you some ideas as to how you can make your direct marketing envelopes stand out from the competition.
Remember, the specialist teams at The Envelope Works and ACE Envelopes have to ability to source and print envelopes of any size, texture and style, to ensure that your direct marketing campaign is as unique as possible!