The Envelope Works Ltd., the UK arm of the Printing Partners Group, the largest independent four colour envelope printing group in Europe, can proudly announce that they were the first company in Europe to acquire a W+D 234 D Digital Inkjet printing.
It was an honour for the Group to have been chosen as one of only three companies in the world and the only organisation in Europe, to work as a partner with W & D to test their latest W+D 234 D, Digital Inkjet printing press. The Group has been conducting ‘behind the scenes’ testing with the Printer since April 2012.
This investment is part of the on-going investment strategy being made by the Group in order to maintain its position as the leading envelope producer in the UK.
Mark Farrimond, MD of The Envelope Works, explains the unique benefits of the machine:
“Not only can the W+D 234 D produce 30,000 full colour envelopes per hour – it can also personalise each envelope with bespoke messages and images.
As a direct marketing solution, this machine is ideal, as it enables the entire product to be personalised – not just the contents.
With the way we are seeing the envelope / direct mail market develop, into less high volume and more targeted / segmented mailers, this is the ideal solution.”
Stephan Peters, Director at Printing Partners, added these further comments:
“There are companies who can produce the same product, but not in this speed or with this level or quality.
This machine is industrial-grade, fast and affordable. The printer offers the opportunity to produce variable quantities at a high print quality.”
At the DRUPA convention Winkler and Dunnebier introduced the W&D 234 D, Digital Inkjet Printing Press:
“The W+D 234 D is an industrial-grade, high-speed 4 colour ink-jet envelope overprint press. It was developed specifically for envelope manufacturing companies, traditional envelope printers, inserters, printshops, letter shops, direct mailers, transactional printers and advertising agencies.
It suits companies seeking to take advantage of the growing demand for personalized direct mail and a more efficient solution for rapidly declining batch or job sizes.The W+D 234 D press will support a wide range of envelope sizes and runs at speeds up to 30,000 different full colour envelopes an hour.”
The maximum print width is set be extended in the very near future and the machine will be made suitable for a greater variety of paper qualities, at the moment the best print quality is achieved on smooth paper. This print quality meets all the requirements customers have for their professional mailings.
- Print width 108 mm / 220 mm ( 4.25” / 8.66”)
- Native print resolution up to 600 x 600 dpi
- (with 4 grey levels). Equivalent to 1000 dpi resolution
- Printable data: PDF, TIF, JPG, BMP, PS, EPS
- Full colour (CMYK) personalized direct mail
- Variable data (csv-files) and graphics
- Printing all common barcodes and 2D-Tags
- Selectable ICC profiling by user with optional software for custom profiles
- Industrial grade machine design with envelope specific infeed, transport and delivery section
- DOD ink jet technology and robust press design offers lowest cost of total ownership
- Runs window envelopes without limitations
- Quick and easy size changes
- Real-time remote diagnostic support
- Sturdy base, can be upgraded with future print head technology
- RIP on the fly technology allows different images on each and every envelope
- Production on demand
- Extremely low waste figures
If you wish to gain more information on how the W+D 234 D can enhance your mailing solutions, please contact The Envelope Works Ltd (01282) 444 920.